A one day detox is a slow foray into an often difficult and intense process.It can be done as often as necessary. I try to do it at least fortnightly. This detox gives your body a rest, It can help reduce digestive problems, skin problems,migraines and sometimes even put mild anxiety on track.
1. Wake Up, Have 1 large glass of plain water (don’t do lemon first) , Cleanse yourself before you add one more glass of warm water with lemon. You can add some liquid chlorophyll or Aloe vera juice too. Throughout the day aim for at least 4 glasses.
2. Try and have no coffee today, If it’s a real problem one coffee is fine (without sugar, of course). This is a one day detox and you don’t want to stress out too much. I don’t have a problem with one coffee a day as long as your body is tolerant and you are not feeling any negative effects from it, such as anxiety, insomnia, heart palpitations or tummy trouble. If you can skip the coffee, it’s a good great idea to do a couple of times a week anyway, This minimises your addiction. Never have coffee before you eat, this will lower your blood sugar too much and cause you to later crave sweets, it also puts too severe a burden on your adrenal glands.
Have a Dandelion tea with almond or coconut milk. You can have up to two that day. Dandelion is a great liver tonic and will help you detox as well.
3. 20 – 30 min after you last glass of water, its breakfast time.
A large juice is perfect. I like to add, spinach, carrot, celery, green apple, ginger and mint. I also add some chia seeds for health omega’s and fibre, this will keep you full for longer.
4. Lunch is a smoothie. Make it filling by adding healthy fats such as avocado and coconut oil and some nuts for fat and protein.This is what I like to make:
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 handful of almonds
- 1/4 avocado
- handful kale
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 kiwi fruit
- 1 teaspoon hydrolyzed collagen (this is great for your stomach and full of protein, It contains almost all the essential amino acids and will make this smoothie keep you full).
5. Dinner – A large vegetable soup – The base should be a light bone broth, I prefer chicken (make sure its made with organic chickens). I fry off some garlic, onion and mushroom in a bit of ghee or coconut oil, I then add celery, carrot and zucchini.Add your favourite spices. Turmeric and sea salt are my go to’s. Add the broth and sweet potato and cook for approx 25 mins. I love to top this with coriander, which is great for detoxification.
You will feel clearer, lighter and better. Try this weekly or fortnightly and see a huge difference.
You can always take away a few things that appeal and do them daily.
Contact me for a personalised plan