Dinner inspiration - Warmth in a bowl! Roast cauliflower and garlic soupYum
Bone Broth: Not just a delicious base for soups, but a powerhouse of nutrients! Rich in collagen, gelatine, amino acids, and minerals, bone it supports joint health, promotes better digestion, and boosts the immune system. It's a natural elixir for healthy skin, hair, and nails, too!
Cauliflower is superstar veggie, It's an excellent source of vitamin C, K, and B-complex vitamins, which aid in boosting the immune system, supporting bone health, and promoting brain function. Cauliflower also contains antioxidants and fibre, making it a great choice for a balanced diet!
2. Toss the cauliflower florets and garlic with the olive oil and spread them all out on a baking tray.
3.Roast for about 30 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and browned, and the garlic cloves are soft and caramelised.
4. In the meantime, in a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the diced onion and sauté until it becomes translucent and caramelised.
5. Once the cauliflower and garlic are done roasting, remove them from the oven. Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of the bulb and add them to the pot with the onions. Add the roasted cauliflower as well.
6. Save a couple of handfuls of roasted cauliflower for garnish
7. Pour in the chicken bone broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
8. Using a blender, carefully puree the soup until smooth and creamy.
9. Add the ground nutmeg to the soup, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Return the pot to low heat and simmer the soup for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
Clinical Nutritionist and Health Coach
Bondi Junction, Australia